A pothole is a hollow in the road where the surface of the road has broken up. The council is responsible for maintaining and repairing the roads in North Lincolnshire.
How quickly we repair a pot hole depends on the risk it poses to road users. This can be difficult as all pot holes present some risk, but the main factors considered are:
• Size and depth of the pothole;
• Type of traffic using the road;
• Speed and volume of traffic;
• Road alignment and visibility of the pothole;
• Position of the pothole in the road.
Potholes can also be on footpaths, pavements and cycle paths.
Report a pothole