How are secondary school meals produced?
We offer a range of healthy freshly cooked foods, which meet the new food-based standards. Secondary school food reflects the 'high street offer', with freshly made sandwiches, baguettes, hot filled rolls, jacket potatoes with a variety of fillings, as well as traditional dishes and international flavours.
Meals are competitively priced, with some items priced individually and 'meal deals' which offer best value. We work hard with schools individually to create an enjoyable, relaxed dining area.
School’s Catering produces its meals from traditional kitchens without the use of mass production or re-heating processes, and sources as many of its ingredients as locally as possible.
Are school meals a healthy option?
- Meals are nutritious and designed to meet government standards for all 14 main nutrients, including carbohydrate, fat, protein and fibre
- Items on the menu have been analysed using the ‘Saffron Nutritional Analysis System’ software, which monitors the levels of nutrients present in food
- Menus include British produced Harry Ramsden fish products, which meet the ‘Marine Stewardship Council’ standards
Menus include an increased use of:
- Fresh fruit and vegetables
- Home made bread
- Seasonal and local produce
- Fresh meat and poultry
- Non-refined carbohydrates
- Healthier cooking methods
And a reduction in the use of:
- Processed foods
- Food additives
- Fat, sugar and salt
What's on the menu?
We offer an extensive range of meal deals, costing just £2.40 each, which are often themed cuisines. Other items are individually priced. For information on meals and what they cost please refer to the pupil price list [PDF, 1Mb].
Many schools also have a mid-morning break or breakfast service, as well as offering a pre-order 'grab-a-bag' service, which offers a quick option, if students need to make a fast getaway at lunchtime.
For more information
Please see our FAQ page for more information, or contact Schools Catering.
Schools Catering Team
North Lincolnshire Council
Church Square House