Home Library Service volunteers
The Home Library Service is managed by the library service and delivered by volunteers. This service is for people who can't get to the library themselves because of illness, injury, disability or infirmity.
If you are interested in helping with this service the following information may be useful:
- Volunteers go through the North Lincolnshire Council recruitment procedure.
- The names of two referees will be needed when applying to be a volunteer.
- Volunteers should be over 16 years of age.
- Volunteers decide which area they wish to cover and how many clients they have time to visit.
- Volunteers decide the frequency of each visit with their clients. They usually visit at least once a month.
- All clients will have an assessment visit. This will be from the Librarian: Home Library Service or another team member. This is to find out the client's needs and interests.
- We train volunteers and introduce them to staff who work at their chosen library. We also give guidance on choosing books for other people.
- If you use your own vehicle for Home Library Service visits, you can claim a mileage allowance. You will need to be insured for business use. Bus fares can also be claimed.
Apply online to be a Home Library Service volunteer