In some circumstances you may be eligible for financial help.
19+ Advanced Learner Loan
Loans are available for learners aged 19 and over studying at Level 3 or above. You can apply for a loan to meet the tuition cost of your qualification.
More information is available on the Advanced Learner Loan pages of GOV.UK.
Discretionary Learner Support Fund
If you are studying for a qualification, you may be entitled to help with paying your course fees, exam fees, travel, resources and/or childcare.
You will be considered for the Discretionary Learner Support Fund if:
- You are aged 19 or over and studying on an accredited course (up to and including Level 2) funded by the Skills Funding Agency
- You have been a resident or you are a family member of a UK/EEA/EU citizen living in the UK/EEA/EU for the last three years
- You live with parents and have a personal income under £12,500
- You live independently with a personal income under £18,500
- You live with a spouse/partner or as a lone parent with a total income under £24,500
- You are experiencing exceptional circumstances outside the income limits stated above (these will be assessed on an individual basis)
You will not be considered for the Discretionary Learner Support Fund if:
- You are aged between 16 to 18
- You have previously received support for this qualification and not achieved the required attendance level of 85 per cent
- You are an overseas learner from outside the EEA
- You are in receipt of a grant from another source for the same items
- You have not been a UK/EEA/EU resident for three years
- You are a family member of a UK/EEA/EU citizen who has not lived in the UK for three years
- You are aged 19 years or above and are enrolling on a Level 3 course
Please contact a member of the customer service team for more information and an application form.