In some circumstances you may be eligible for financial help.
24 + Advanced Learning Loans
Loans are available for learners aged 24 and over studying at level 3 or above. You can apply for a loan to meet the tuition cost of your qualification.
More information is available on the 24+ Advanced Learning Loans pages of GOV.UK.
Discretionary Learner Support Fund
If you are studying for a qualification, you may be entitled to help with paying your course fees, exam fees, travel, resources and/or childcare.
You will be considered if:
- You are aged 19 or over and studying on an accredited course (up to and including Level 2) funded by the Skills Funding Agency
- You have been a resident or you are a family member of a UK/EEA/EU citizen living in the UK/EEA/EU for the last three years
- You live with parents and have a personal income under £12,500
- You live independently with a personal income under £18,500
- You live with a spouse/partner or as a lone parent with a total income under £24,500
- You are experiencing exceptional circumstances outside the income limits stated above (these will be assessed on an individual basis)
You will not be considered if:
- You are aged between 16 to 18
- You have previously received support for this qualification and not achieved the required attendance level of 85 per cent
- You are an overseas learner from outside the EEA
- You are in receipt of a grant from another source for the same items
- You have not been a UK/EEA/EU resident for three years
- You are a family member of a UK/EEA/EU citizen who has not lived in the UK for three years
- You are aged 24 years or above and are enrolling on a Level 3 course
Please contact a member of the customer service team for more information and an application form.