The People Directorate 'One Vision' is committed to provide vulnerable adults, children, families and carers with real choice and control over their own lives in a way that is best for them to feel supported and transform lives. This can mean support for people in the community and whilst receiving support in registered care settings.
My Life My Choice aims to make sure that support options and solutions are available to anyone who needs care and support. This strategy looks at how Adult services will help bring about real choices for everyone and continue to make sure that they are available for you when you need them and are specific to your needs.
What does this mean for you?
Our One Vision aims to ensure that anyone who needs care and support services can find solutions to meet their needs, through enhancing their quality of life:
- Independence – access to what you need
- Respect – deciding what your needs are
- In Control – knowing how much money you can have?
- Involved – designing your own support plan
- Healthy – staying healthy and recovering from illness
- Safe – feeling secure in your own home
- Confident in the Future – pursuing a fulfilling life