If you are a young person (aged 11 to 20) who wants to have a say about things that matter to YOU and you want to help influence decisions made about YOUR life, then come along to North Lincolnshire Youth Council.
What’s it all about?
The Youth Council seeks to:
- provide a forum for young people to have a voice on things that matter to them
- represent and communicate the views of young people aged between 11 and 20 in North Lincolnshire to decision makers and the wider North Lincolnshire community
- communicate and promote the views of young people
- raise the profile of young people in a positive way
- encourage young people to be good citizens, so they act with understanding and communicate between themselves and their communities
- highlight issues affecting young people
Further details regarding the role and remit of the Youth Council can be found in the Constitution papers below:
If young people want to feed back any issues or comments to the Youth Council (for example, from School Councils) please use the Youth Voice feedback form [PDF 645Kb].
Meetings will be held on the following dates from 6pm to 8.30pm in the Council Chamber at the Civic Centre, Ashby road, Scunthorpe.
- 21 September 2017
- 19 October 2017
- 23 November 2017
- 14 December 2017
Changes to Youth Council arrangements
There is an expanding age range of children and young people attending the Youth Council. In order to accommodate the different issues and views that affect members, the meetings now start at 6pm and follow the normal procedure until 8pm.
After 8pm, those members age 16 plus will be invited to stay for a further 30 minutes to address any matters that concern them. This is to ensure that 'older' young people are given the opportunity to be heard.
Minutes from the Youth Council meetings will be listed here once they have been verified: