Children's Centres are places where there is a range of support, information and guidance for all families. The core purpose of a Children's Centre is to help families with:
- Child development and school readiness
- Parenting aspirations and parenting skills
- Child and family health and life chances
There are Children’s Centres across North Lincolnshire. This includes centres in Scunthorpe, Brigg, the Isle of Axholme and Barton.
The centres provide services throughout the week as well as some services at weekends and evenings.
Are you registered with the Children’s Centres in North Lincolnshire?
By registering your family you will be able to access a full range of free services including:
- Information, help and advice for families
- Support for parents, including drop in sessions and parenting courses
- Home visiting and outreach services
- Services for dads and single parents
- Individual support for young parents
- Family support and health services
- Play and learning sessions
- Homework clubs
- Support for young people
- Antenatal sessions
- Support for healthy lifestyles
- Support with training and employment
- Training for parents including level 1 and 2 English and Maths
- Money management and debt advice
- Child development information, support and advice
- Support for early learning and helping children be ready for school
The centres provide services for all children, young people and their families. They are also places where young people and parents can go when they need help and support.
Children’s Centres are free to join and most services and activities are free. Find out What's On in your local Children's Centre.
You can phone any of our centres, drop-in or email us. We will be happy to help.
Register with our Children's Centres