The food and feed team advises, carries out inspections and undertakes sampling throughout the whole food chain from the farm to the fork.
Our aim is to ensure that all farms, manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers, catering establishments and importers in North Lincolnshire comply with every aspect of the food and feed legislation.
This includes issues relating to:
This is done so consumers know that:
- labels are truthful
- foods and feeds comply with minimum standards where appropriate
- additives included in food and feed products are within permitted limits
- health claims are substantiated
- all known allergens are declared
- materials in contact with food and feed are safe
- all foods and feeds are within date
We carry out the following:
- Regularly visit food and feed packers, manufacturers, retailers, importers and farms
- Advise new traders about business start up
- Submit food and feed samples to the public analyst
- Approval or registration under EC Feed Hygiene Regulation (183/2005)
In addition to monitoring local traders we also participate in surveys of imported foods and feeds on behalf of the Food Standards Agency (FSA).
We will assist local businesses to comply with their obligations in relation to any trading standards matter. Please contact us if you require any advice or help.
Register a feed business