[ skip to content]

Subscribe to updates
Sex Establishment Licence

Sex Establishment Licence

Sex shops, sex cinemas and adult entertainment venues all need to be licensed.

Who needs to apply?

The council must licence people who run premises that trade in a significant amount of marital aids, sex cinemas or premises that provide adult entertainment that includes, lap dancing, pole dancing, striptease or other similar activities.

Such premises must be discreet with suitable screening to prevent the interior being viewed from the outside. No under 18s may enter the premises. The applicant must satisfy the council that they are a fit and proper person.

 Those wishing to apply for a Sex Establishment licence must complete an application form [PDF, 65Kb] and return it to the Licensing Department.

Fees and Charges

You can find the fee for this licence by going to our licence fee register.


We aim to deal with grant and renewal applications within 98 days. Tacit consent applies. This means that you will be able to act as though your application has been granted or renewed if you have not heard from us by the end of the above application period.


Our traded services

Contact details

Licensing Department
PO Box 42
Church Square House
DN15 6XQ

Telephone: 01724 297750
Email: licensing@northlincs.gov.uk

Last updated: 28/01/2015