[ skip to content]

Subscribe to updates
Alcohol and Entertainment Licences

Alcohol and Entertainment Licences

  • Annual maintenance feeThe annual fee for alcohol and gambling premises or lotteries can be paid here
  • Club premises certificateInformation about who can apply for a club premises certificate, and changes that can be made to a certificate. Apply online here or download the relevant form.
  • HypnotismA person requires written consent of the licensing authority to put on any performance of hypnotism and must comply with any attached conditions. Downloadable application available here.
  • Interim Authority NoticeAn Interim Authority Notice is relevant following death, mental incapacity, insolvency or dissolution of the premises licence holder. Downloadable application or apply online available here
  • Marriage Wedding and Civil Partnerships Venues - Approved PremisesCivil marriage ceremonies and civil partnerships can only be conducted in registry offices or approved premises. Downloadable application or apply online available here
  • Personal LicenceThe sale and supply of alcohol carries with it greater responsibility than entertainment alone. This is why a premises licence has a DPS (who must hold a personal licence).
  • Premises Licence - Grant - Variations - ReviewsFor guidance and forms for applying for a premises licence to sell alcohol, late night hot food and drink or provide public entertainment, visit the premises licence page of GOV.UK.
  • Sex Establishment LicenceSex shops, sex cinemas and adult entertainment venues require to be licensed
  • Stars on the BarsThe stars on the Bars award scheme has been set up with the intention of assessing premises to a set standard.
  • Temporary Event Notice (TEN)A TEN is notification of temporary event for licensable activities such as music, singing, serving of alcohol
  • Transfer ApplicationThe 2003 Act provides for any person or business to apply for a premises licence to be transferred to them.
  • Vary Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS), Disapply DPS, Request to be RemovedApply online to vary or disapply a DPS, or be removed.
  • Notification of interestsNotification of interests
How would you rate this page?