[ skip to content]

Subscribe to updates
Council Tax Support Scheme

Council Tax Support Scheme

You can apply to get money off your Council Tax bill if you are on a low income or claiming benefits. 

How to apply for Council Tax Support

To apply for Council Tax Support you can complete our online application form:

Apply for Council Tax reduction

You only need to fill in one form to apply for both Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support together. 

If you just want to claim either Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support, then this is still the form you need to use.

Visit our Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support page which explains how to submit an application form and the supporting evidence you will need.

The amount of support will depend on the income and circumstances of each individual. 

Each year the North Lincolnshire Council's local Council Tax Support Scheme is reviewed.  From April 2017 claims have been restricted to a maximum of a band B charge. This means that if you live in a property rated as band C or above, your will claim will be assessed against the charge for a band B property in your area. 

Read North Lincolnshire Council Tax Reduction Scheme 2018-19 [PDF, 1Mb] for more information.

Contact details

0300 3030164
Fax: 01724 296104

Or write to:  

Council Tax
Hewson House
Station Road
DN20 8XB 

Opening hours

Monday to Friday: 9am to 4.30pm

Last updated: 13/08/2018