[ skip to content]

Subscribe to updates
Need extra financial help?

Need extra financial help?

Information about additional support with your rent and Council Tax payments.

North Lincolnshire Council no longer pays crisis loans or community care grants.

Other sources of emergency help for people in need are available from local charities and other good causes. 

Discretionary Housing Payments can be awarded for a limited time to help with your rent if your Housing Benefit or the housing element of your Universal Credit is less than the rent you have to pay.  

For more information on Discretionary Housing Payments and how to claim, please visit our Discretionary Housing Payments page. 

This is for customers who need further help after receiving an increased Council Tax bill.  It is for customers who are affected by the removal of Council Tax Benefit and the introduction of the local Council Tax Reduction scheme. To apply for this support your must receive Council Tax Support.

You can apply online for help from the Council Tax Support Fund:

Apply for the Council Tax Support Fund

The Council Tax Support Fund has been put in place to help customers receiving Council Tax Support who need further help when they receive an increased Council Tax bill.

  • A Council Tax Support payment cannot be more than the difference between the amount of Council Tax Support you are entitled to, and the amount of Council Tax you actually have to pay. We will pay this into your Council Tax account. We will not give you any cash as part of this award.

  • If you are awarded additional support with your council tax, a new bill will be provided which outlines the extra help you have received, and any new payment plan which you must follow.

For example:

You need to pay Council Tax of £12 each week, but you only get £8 a week in Council Tax Support. The most extra Council Tax Support money we can award would be £4 a week to make up the difference. If the support is awarded, you will not receive money from us. Instead, we will deduct the £4 from your Council Tax bill.

Use the online application form or our printable Discretionary Housing Payment application form [PDF, 180Kb] to apply for Council Tax Support.

Contact details

0300 3030164   
Fax: 01724 296104

Or write to:

Hewson House
Station Road
DN20 8XB 

Opening hours

Monday to Thursday: 8.30am to 5pm

Friday: 8.30am to 4.30pm

Last updated: 30/01/2018