Work to improve Scunthorpe library and turn it into a new community hub called Scunthorpe Central, catering for a wide range of needs, is nearing completion. It will become a focal point for people to meet, borrow books, access job and training opportunities and get housing and health advice, plus a whole range of information.
The Base will need to close for two weeks from Monday 30 April until Scunthorpe Central opens on Monday 14 May. This is essential to enable staff to move the contents into the new venue.
The Action Station will also move into Scunthorpe Central. To allow this to happen, the Cole Street building will close on 4 May.
Key dates to be aware of:
30 April – The Base closes
4 May – Action Station closes
14 May – Scunthorpe Central will open to the public
More information can be found here.
You can continue to use any of our alternative Local Link offices during this brief closure.
- Advice, information and access to all council services
- Help with completing online forms
- A customer drop off point where you can receive information to support access to service applications
- Information about a range of partner organisations
- A Space of Safety as part of the SOS scheme
- A range of specialist surgeries at certain times throughout the week
Depending on your enquiry, we may arrange an appointment to see you.
If you cannot get to our Local Link office, we can visit you at home with our Home Link Service.
Scunthorpe and District Local Link provides disabled access.