We can provide a range of opportunities for people to carry out volunteer work in the local area, including in areas such as:
In addition there are a range of opportunities from our partners and other agencies:
- Voluntary Action North Lincolnshire (VANL) support, promote and develop the voluntary and community sector.
- The Humbercare Volunteer Befriending Service delivers 'face to face' short-term befriending support for people living in North Lincolnshire.
- North Lincolnshire Citizens Advice Bureau offers practical, up-to-date information and advice on a wide range of topics, including debt, benefits, housing, legal, discrimination, employment, immigration, consumer and other problems.
- Carers' Support Centre provides emotional and practical support for carers in North Lincolnshire, including counselling, training and personal budget management.
- WRVS are one of the UK's largest charities and volunteering organisations. WRVS aims to give older people the opportunity and choice to get more out of life.
- Healthwatch North Lincolnshire are a new independent consumer champion for health and social care services.
- The Isle of Axholme and Hatfield Chase Landscape Partnership needs the help of volunteers to help achieve their aims and outcomes. Volunteers will get to the opportunity to learn new heritage skills and attend training sessions and workshops. Volunteers will be able to participate in a variety of activities, some of which include: archaeological investigations, conducting wildlife surveys and assisting with events. For more information about volunteering opportunities, contact Laura Smith-Higgins on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crosby Community Association (CCA) provide free, confidential and impartial advice and support for personal or family problems, debt or welfare benefits, pensions, housing and disability rights.
Voluntary litter picks
We work hard to keep the area clean and free of litter. We actively encourage communities to arrange voluntary litter picks.
If you would like to organise a voluntary litter pick event in your area please read and sign the Guidance for Voluntary Litter Picking [PDF, 394Kb] even if you do not wish to borrow any equipment.
How to arrange:
- Complete a risk assessment [PDF, 29.9Kb] as per this example and communicate associated risks to all volunteers
- Complete a Registration for Voluntary Litter Picks form [PDF, 155Kb]
- When you have completed these three documents, please send them to email@example.com or Voluntary Litter Picks, 8-9 Billet Lane, Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire, DN15 9YH.
- One of our officers will contact you to discuss details within 10 working days of receiving the completed registration form.